Playback (2012)

Genre : Horror
Country
: USA

Cast :
Johnny Pacar : Julian Miller
Ambyr Childers : Riley
Christian Slater : Frank Lyons
Toby Himingway : Quinn

Director :
Michael Nickles

Summary
When a group of high school students dig into their town's infamous past they unwittingly unlock an Evil that corrupts and destroys them. Possessing its victims through video playback and using them for malevolent purposes, it closes in on one specific soul, threatening to expose the town's deepest, darkest secret.
My opinion
I expected a really crappy movie, but ultimately it wasn't so bad.
Not very original and classifiable under the teen-horror movies (Friday the 13th and associates) in which teenagers doggedly continue what they are doing without following good advice and thus get into trouble. And this mixed with a kind of "The Ring" phenomenon. Slater also appears as some sick peeping pervert. I guess he has a shortage of money since he's joining a lot of low-budget movies lately.
Eventually I thought the story was very vague. Something about filming persons after which their souls are being absorbed. And then they come up with that "Le Prince" figure  .... duh ... I don't think I'm going to watch this again so I could find the deeper meaning of it. But ultimately I didn't fall asleep while watching this horror.

A few nice horror images but a total lack of scares.
In other words, a moderate horror that won't make you shiver.
My rating 4/10
Links : IMDB

Geen opmerkingen

Mogelijk gemaakt door Blogger.