The Employer (2013)

Genre : Thriller
Country
: USA

Cast :
Malcolm McDowell : The Employer
David Dastmalchian : James Harris
Paige Howard : Sandra Turner

Director :
Frank Merle

Summary
Five highly qualified applicants interview for a coveted job with the Carcharias Corporation, a powerful conglomerate whose business practices are shrouded in mystery. On the night before the last round of interviews, they are all kidnapped and drugged. The next day, they wake up trapped together in a locked room without any hope of escape. Soon the true nature of their situation is revealed when they receive a phone call from the mysterious CEO of Carcharias, known only as The Employer. He informs them that they are about to experience the final interview, but it's not at all what they were expecting.
My opinion
Can someone explain to me where the thriller part was? At least I have found the fast-forward button on the remote control.
Put 5 people in a closed room with the following task : who leaves that room alive gets a decent job offer. And after that you can see how creative a person can be with a belt, a stilettoheel or a piece of a mobile phone. 
This was an incredible empty and dismal movie. The acting was so tragically bad you could start crying. Even the crying part of Willig was so pitiful. The rest of the candidates were third-rate actors to me. Very bad performances. Worst of all, the fact that McDowell joined this made me speachless. From "A Clockwork Orange" to this monstrosity ... how low can you fall. Probably a new trend in movie land: put a known actor on the DVD box so that there is a minority who'll do the effort to watch it. I also fell for this marketing trick.
Something I have learned from this film: I'll be very suspicious when I'm applying for another job.  I give this one a 1/10 just for myself because I did the effort to push the "Play" button !



My rating 1/10
Links : IMDB

Geen opmerkingen

Mogelijk gemaakt door Blogger.